Application at UZH
Please follow the steps below if you intend to apply for a student exchange at UZH:
- As a precondition to take part in a student exchange at UZH, you need to be nominated by your home university.
- After you have been nominated for a student exchange, you will receive an email with the link to the online application form.
- Please fill in the application form and upload the required application documents on Mobility Online. You will receive the login for the database in due time. Please find more information about the application documents below.
The following application documents have to be uploaded:
- Current transcript of records: The transcript can be issued in the national language of your home university. If you do not have a transcript available yet, please upload a copy of your certificate of qualification for university entrance.
- A copy of your passport / identity card
- Passport-sized photograph, which will be used for your UZH student card. Make sure that the photo fulfills the following requirements: current photo in color (your head should be photographed in a frontal pose against a neutral background providing good contrast, and it should take up about 80% of the photo), aspect ratio 3:4, image size at least 400x533 pixel.
- Proof of language skills: Students who intend to take courses in German or English Literature and Linguistic, must proof their proficiency at the level of C1 as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in the respective language, if it is not their mother tongue.
- For all other students, UZH recommends a minimum level of B2 (CEFR) in the language of instruction. A proof of your language skills is not mandatory, however, the departmental coordinator at UZH can ask for it.
- Proof of Bachelor/Undergraduate degree: Mandatory for students who want to study at Master's level at UZH. If you do not have your Bachelor’s diploma available yet, please submit the application nevertheless and upload a copy of your Bachelor degree as soon as you have received it.
- Subject-specific documents: Please ask your departmental coordinator at UZH about other documents, which have to be handed in in your subject: Departmental coordinators
The application deadline for the academic year 2018/19 is April 30, 2019 (for an exchange in the fall semester 2019 and/or spring semester 2020) and September 30, 2019 (for an exchange in spring semester 2020 only).