Navigation auf


Global Student Experience

Visa and Entry

Exchange students from EU and EFTA countries

Exchange students from EU and EFTA countries need a valid travel document (i.e. passport or identification card) in order to enter Switzerland. For exchange students from the new EU states, interim regulations apply. Please contact the Swiss embassy or consulate in your country for information about the exact procedures that apply for you.

List of Swiss representations

Students from countries with visa requirements

Global Student Experience will apply for visas through the Migration Office of the Canton of Zurich for exchange students and invited visiting students with visa requirements. Please note that students with a visa requirement who do not hold a valid visa will not be allowed to matriculate at UZH.

Overview of visa provisions according to nationality

Regular visiting students and degree-seeking students must apply for their own visas. Please see Guidelines for Students with Visa Requirements.


Weiterführende Informationen

Contact Incoming-Team

+41 44 634 45 05