Navigation auf


Global Student Experience



Exchange program participants remain enrolled at UZH for the length of the period abroad and pay semester fees in Zurich. Exchange students are generally exempt from paying semester fees to the partner university.

Entry and Exit Formalities

As a rule, exchange students need a residence permit and, in some cases, a visa for the destination country. Should your host university not send you any information, please contact the foreign representation of your host country in Switzerland (Embassy or Consulate).

To give notice of departure from your place of residence in Switzerland please contact your local district office (Kreisbüro) or municipality (Gemeinde).

Health Insurance

You alone are responsible for taking out sufficient accident and health insurance during your stay abroad. Depending on your host country, additional insurance may be required. We encourage you to check with your host university and to seek advice from your health insurance company.

Weiterführende Informationen

Foreign Representations in Switzerland

Register on the FDFA's Travel Admin App

The Travel Admin app provides ideal support in preparing a trip. The app also offers useful information and services for people travelling, not only in case of a crisis. But if the crisis does occur, the app can become a particularly valuable tool.