Student Mobility for Studies
The Swiss-European Mobility Programme enables students to study for one to two semesters at a European partner university (Student Mobility for Studies SMS). The requirement for an exchange is a valid SEMP agreement with the partner university concerned. The agreement sets the number of exchange students per academic year.
- A student exchange lasts between three and twelve months. The stay must be within a single academic year, i.e. a two-semester exchange must begin in the Fall. Semester.
- One stay is allowed per student and level of study (Bachelor's, Master's, PhD).
Student Mobility for Traineeships
In the framework of the Swiss-European Mobility Programme students can attend a traineeship at a partner university or a European company (Student Mobility for Traineeships SMT). No SEMP agreement between the two institutions is required for mobility for traineeships.
- The traineeship lasts between two and 12 months.
- The duration of an internship, including any time spent on studies, may not exceed 12 months per student and level of study (Bachelor's, Master's, PhD). In addition, both traineeship and studies must take place within the same academic year.
- The home university must recognize academic achievement done in the scope of the traineeship as ECTS credits, as an entry in the transcript of records or Diploma Supplement, or as a term paper.
- Trainees from abroad are not matriculated at UZH.