UZH Staff Weeks
UZH staff weeks are a fantastic opportunity for UZH staff and departments to get international input and views on topics that are important to your work. The International Relations Office funds accommodation and part of the subsistence costs of the departments' guests, takes care of all the paperwork and organizes some of the social program of the week.
Aims of a staff week
- International visibility for the University of Zurich and your department
- Sharing experience and learning from each other
- Networking and internationalization of individual departments
Staff members from any European university
Feedback from previous Staff Weeks
"The staff week was a unique opportunity to expand our network and share experience for specific topics with peers from other European universities."
(Jörg Frank, Deputy Head Emergency Services UZH)
"This week was very rewarding. We talked about similar challenges and solutions with participants from other universities who do the same job as we do here."
(Roger Stupf, Head Digital Communications UZH)
Example Program UZH Staff Week
|Day 1||Day 2
Introductions and Welcome
Program delivery in departments
|Program delivery in departments||Wrap-up session|
|Lunch||Lunch in departments||Lunch in departments||Lunch in UniTurm|
|Afternoon||Arrival||Program delivery in departments||Program wrap-up in departments||Departure|
|Evening||Welcome Dinner||Dinner with participants from departments||Informal social program|
Program elements in italics are organized by the International Relations Office,
but 1-2 people from the department are expected to be present as well. The remainder of the program is fully organized and hosted by the participating departments.
Expected input from the departments
- Putting together the program as outlined above: 2 days of workshops, 1 dinner and 2 lunches. The program should be focused on a specific topic from which the whole department can benefit.
- Participation of individual representatives from the department in the whole program, specifically in the welcome dinner, informal social program and the wrap-up session.
- Providing content for the wrap-up session organized by the International Relations Office
- Attending and participating in 2 meetings organized by the International Relations Office and selecting the external participants for your department (mid of August and end of November).
- Inviting at least 10-15 contacts at interesting European universities.
Get involved now!
If you are interested in hosting your peers within the framework of another staff week, please contact Tiffany Merz Cheok. You can either get involved in a next joint staff week organized by the International Relations Office or we can assist your department in organizing an individual staff week at any time.