About the Grant
The cooperation awards grants for joint summer schools, study trips (group field trips), and seminars co-organized by UZH and Iranian institutions of higher education. Applications can be submitted at any time of the year but at the latest by 31 December 2020.
- Projects need to be co-organized by members of UZH and members of a Iranian institution of higher education
- Minimum duration for summer schools and seminars for BA- and MA-students: 10 days
- Minimum duration for summer schools and seminars for PhD-students: 5 days
- Minimum number of participants for summer schools and seminars:
- min. one professor/lecturer from each participating institution
- min. three students from each participating institution
- Potential for long-term collaboration
- Maximum grant per application: CHF 20'000
Applications can be submitted for reimbursement of the following costs:
- Travel costs of students and lecturers (economy class flight up to CHF 1000 per person plus accommodation at a hostel or medium-priced hotel)
- Material costs / consumables / catering costs up to CHF 4000 (please specify in budget)
- The grant does NOT cover salaries or overhead-costs
- The grant only covers travel costs of students and employees of UZH and the Iranian partner institution
Applications must be submitted by UZH professors.
The following information must be submitted with the completed application form (DOCX, 62 KB):
- Complete CVs in tabular form of all persons heading the summer school or seminar
- Professional and personal motivation letter to carry out the intended activity by the two main organizers (UZH project leader and project leader from Iranian partner institution)
- Invitation letter from a full professor of the institution where the activity takes place
- Detailed budget, showing clearly the financial contribution by the UZH institute and by the partner institution
- Project description (2-4 pages) including:
- Topic relevance and sustainability of the activity
- Objectives and potential results
- Program overview
- Target group (BA-/MA-/PhD-students, other)
- Information about the participants (estimation of number of students and staff members at UZH and the partner institution)
- Reason for choosing the partner institution and/or persons involved
- Description of past or existing research collaboration between UZH and the Iranian partner institution, if any
- Potential follow-up activities
- Applications for funding may be submitted at any time during the year but at least by 31 December 2020.
- Applications need to be submitted at the minimum three months prior to the start of the activitiy; the decision on funding is made within 2 months after submitting the complete application documents.
- The final report must be submitted within six weeks after completion of the project but at the latest by 15 November 2021.
Final Report and Billing
The grant will be paid in two instalments to a UZH account. The first instalment of 50% of the awarded grant will be paid at least one months before the start of the activity. Within six weeks after completion of the funded activity, the UZH project leader needs to submit a final report and a statement of expenses to the Coordination Center. The second instalment of the grant will be paid after receipt of the final report.