The Program Iran Cooperation grants scholarships for Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral students from UZH who wish to complete a study stay, an internship or a language course from two weeks to one semester at an Iranian institution of higher education.
- Applications can be submitted by Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral students from UZH.
- The mobility student must be enrolled as a Bachelor, Master, or Doctoral student from UZH during the intended stay in Iran.
- In case there is no agreement on mobility between UZH and the Iranian host institution, scholarships are only granted if a professor of the host institution in Iran guarantees supervision and expresses a strong interest in cooperating with UZH.
The following information must be submitted with the completed application form:
- Complete application form
- Complete CV in tabular form
- Proof of registration at UZH and current transcript of records
- Letter of recommendation from a UZH professor
- Motivation letter with name and date (300-500 words)
- For BA- and MA-students: tentative study plan (please download template (PDF, 145 KB))
- For PhD-students: project description (2 pages) including research topic, objectives and methods of research as well as reason for choosing the partner institution, integration in the research and/or teaching activities of the institute at the partner institution and possible follow-up projects that may arise from this stay.
- For a stay abroad outside the frame of a student exchange agreement: Invitation letter from a professor at the host university OR proof of registration in a Persian language course at an Iranian institution of higher education
- For a stay abroad within the frame of a student exchange agreement: proof of nomination for an exchange stay by the UZH International Relations Office
A maximum of CHF 1'200 per month and person can be applied for. The minimum duration of a funded stay is 2 weeks, the maximum duration 5 months.
- Applications for funding may be submitted at any time during the year but at least two months prior to the intended stay abroad.
- The decision on funding a stay is made within two months upon submitting the full proposal.
- The final report must be submitted within six weeks after completion of the stay abroad.
Please note: applications for an exchange place at the University of Tehran for the spring semester 2020 can be submitted from 1 June to 15 July 2019 via the application portal Mobility Online. Please find further information on the website of UZH's student exhange programs.
Final Report and Billing
The scholarship will be paid in two installements. The first installment of 80% of the awarded scholarship will be paid at the beginning of the stay abroad. Within six weeks after completion of the stay abroad, scholarship holders need to submit a final report to the Coordination Center. The second installement (20% of the scholarship) will be paid after receipt of the final report.