Table of contents
Funding from the cooperation goes toward developing projects within an institutional framework which have local relevance and local effects. Based on the “11 principles of research partnership” set down by the Swiss Commission for Research Partnerships with Developing Countries (KFPE), projects must fulfill the criteria below to be eligible for funding:
- The project is based on cooperation between partners: an UZH institute and an Iranian university or research institute. The partners contribute equally to decision-making processes, and all cooperation partners assume a reasonable share of the costs and administrative expenses;
- The project contributes to a sustainable strengthening of both competence and capacity in research and teaching at the institutions participating in the partnership;
- The project is based on an area of research that is significant to both partners. Project implementation and the intended results are ethically tenable;
- The project can be realized within the planned duration of the project;
- For research projects, high scholarly standards are assured;
- The project is integrated within the activities of the institutions involved.
- UZH is committed to the promotion criteria of Stiftung Mercator Schweiz, and ensures that the use of funding is in accordance with international treaties and other international regulations.
- Clearly expressed interest in cooperation by UZH professor and the partner institution in Iran.
Criteria for Individuals
Persons receiving funding must be employed or registered at UZH or at the partner institution during the project. Persons receiving funding must be qualified for the activity. UZH emeritus professors who teach at an Iranian university can receive the same financial support as the regular teaching staff if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Retired less than five years ago
- Still have an active relationship with UZH, for example in the form of a teaching contract
- The interest in a cooperation project or an already active UZH cooperation with a partner university should exist at the institute in question independently of the emeritus professor
- A durable link to UZH is compulsory and has to be defined in the application
Cooperation projects must be set up based on a principle of equality. The participating partners contribute equally to decision-making processes, and all cooperation partners assume a reasonable share of the costs and administrative expenses. The decision on funding approval is made by the Coordination Center in agreement with the Steering Committee after a full proposal has been submitted and evaluated. It generally takes four weeks to reach a decision, making the funds readily available.