Applications for an exchange within the framework of university-wide agreements are handled by the International Relations Office. You have to upload your application in the database "Mobility Online". In the application form you can choose up to three universities from different exchange programs. If you would like to apply for more than three universities, please note this in your letter of motivation.
Students who already completed an exchange within the framework of the university-wide agreements and would like to apply for another exchange place, please note the following points:
- You can only apply for still open exchange places, which are announced in summer for the following spring semester.
- During the exchange you need to be able to earn an equivalent of at least 15 ECTS points that can be accredited towards your degree at UZH.
- It is not possible to do more than two exchange stays within the framework of the university-wide agreements.
- The exchanges stays need to be completed on two different study levels (BA/MA/PhD).
- You are not eligible for a partial scholarship from the UZH during your second exchange.
|Curriculum vitae in English|
|One letter of motivation in which you describe your reasons for choosing each partner university (at least one A4- and at most two A4-pages in English or the relevant language of instruction)|
|Copy of your High School Certificate (e.g. Maturitätszeugnis).|
Students who are in their first semester and do not yet have any grades available at the time of the application are requested to hand them via e-mail in as soon as they are published (even if it is after the deadline for the application has passed).
Many partner universities have a GPA requirement. You can calculate your GPA here.
Proof of language skills for the partner university:
|Passport-sized photograph (max. 500x500 pixel)|
The number of exchange places is limited and the places are awarded according to following criteria in the order they are mentioned:
- Handing in all the required application document correctly and on time.
- Academic performance until now.
- Letter of motivation: The academic benefit of the exchange stay needs to be presented convincingly.
- Sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction.
- Study plan: The course offering of the partner university has to be suitable and courses are chosen according to their specifications/restrictions (there have to be enough courses that can be accredited).
- If you are nominated for an exchange stay by UZH, keep in mind that the final decision of your acceptance lies with the partner university. It is your responsibility to inform yourself about the semester dates, language requirements, and course offering at the partner university and to obtain the required certificates/diplomas.