The Swiss Science Network is currently made up of five swissnex and 20 scientific councilors. Together they form a platform that enables Switzerland to develop international networking relationships and gain worldwide recognition in education, research, and innovation. The Network is particularly valuable in enabling the University to build networks that extend beyond the academic arena into industry, governmental organizations, and NGOs.
Working with swissnex and the scientific councilors raises UZH’s exposure abroad and promotes international networking opportunities.
Working with swissnex
UZH has established mandate agreements with all five swissnex locations, leading to a range of partnering possibilities:
- Local advice for UZH members and networking opportunities with research institutions and companies
- Availability of jobs at swissnex for UZH researchers and staff members during a sabbatical or internship abroad; also for trainees at UZH
- Organization of public events, workshops and panel discussions with UZH representatives
- Support from the international UZH Alumni Chapters
- UZH representation at education fairs, distribution of UZH news, availability of UZH info material