The Zdenek et Michaela Bakala Foundation exists to help talented and motivated students or researchers from certain Swiss universities to reach their full potential by giving them the financial support they need to pursue their studies at top US or UK universities (Yale, Stanford, Berkeley, Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, etc., this enumeration not being exhaustive).
Particularities of the Scholarships
- for any academic field
- for a 6-month up to a 3-years stay
- for Master or PhD studies
- to cover tuition fees and/or living expenses
- The annual budget for the foundation's scholarships is approximately CHF 200'000.- which will be allocated for 5 to 10 scholarships per year. The distribution depends on the candidates' needs and study plans.
- academic excellence
- lack of financial means
- Swiss residency (min. during the last 5 years)
- student's registration at a Swiss university (min. during the last 3 years)
- admission or pre-admission to a university in the U.S. or U.K. (obtained at the latest by the time of the inverview at the foundation)
- application deadline at UZH: January 15, 2017
- pre-selection by UZH: February - March 2017
- interviews by the foundation (in Geneva): tbd (most likely end of April/beginning of May 2017)
- final decision: tba (most likely end of May 2017)